Brestovac of Požega, a place 6km away from Požega, is today a municipal centre, a road junction of importance to the County. It was mentioned back in 1302, 1336, and then again in 1445, 1534 and 1535. That land was firstly owned by the City Guards or Jobagions, and later on by an aristocrat family Desislavić of Cernik and others.
An established aristocrat town was a little further away on the hill and was named Brestovac (a Sharp stone). There is mention of a St Martin church in 1332, which was restaurated in 1760 and still stands on the same place. During the era of the Turkish reign, Croats lived here of whom only one family still does. There were many immigrants to this area from the 18th century and still are today.